To protect your cat from exposure to germs, viruses, fleas and worms the following are required prior to boarding.
- Cats must have proof of a current (within the last 12 months) vaccination certificate. We need to sight the actual vaccination certificate with the date next due, not a receipt for consult.
- Cats must be de-sexed if over 6 months old.
- Kittens under 12 months must have all their vaccinations up to date.
- Cats should be wormed at least every three months, but especially prior to boarding.
- Cats should be protected against fleas by using a monthly application of flea treatment such as Advocate, Advantage, Revolution or similar. Collars are ineffective as are supermarket brands and Frontline as fleas have become resistant to it due to the active ingredient being the same as the active ingredient in termite treatment.
- Please note that if fleas or worms are identified on your cat, they will be treated at the cattery with an additional cost charged to the owner.
- Cats must be in good general health with no known infectious diseases.
It is the responsibility of the owner to make known any injuries, existing conditions or illnesses, and/or food allergies.
If your cat appears unwell or off colour prior to boarding, please consult your vet. If your cat is clearly sick, it will NOT be accepted for boarding.